Optimizing Human Performance
It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
The clinic’s personalized diagnosis & treatment protocol is suitable for adults aged 20+.
The clinic believes that choices significantly influence what age and disease mean.
The clinic is for those who question:
- “it doesn’t matter what you eat”
- “there’s nothing more can be done”
- “you should come back when it gets worse”
We prefer to ask “what if I was stronger and faster, for myself and my loved ones”?
While acknowledging the role of acute care, the clinic focus is host health prior to the acute stage.
As an independently funded clinic, nothing comes between the doctor and the client but the Hippocratic Oath. The clinic is equally cautious with messaging from the Ministry of Health, the Wellness industry and anywhere else, using clinical experience and curated research to determine what’s relevant to each individual client.
Clients will be:
- seeking to work collaboratively with independent medical advice towards optimal metabolic & functional health, human performance and healthy lifespan
- seeking to identify & address the underlying causes of imbalances or conditions undermining optimal cognitive, physical and emotional health
- seeking to take advantage of the latest independently curated medical research & capabilities
- optimizing their body with movement and exercise
- self-motivated to make agreed changes to lifestyle & nutrition
- comfortable with using an online Patient Portal for routine interactions including payment by credit card, or able to get family support to assist
- because diagnosis and treatment is varied and complex, the clinic cannot know in advance what treatment costs will be
- there’s room for the doctor and client to manage treatment costs, but there’s a break even point beyond which progress cannot be made
- to provide independent medical advice, the service doesn’t receive external funding from the state, or profit from the sale of supplements
- the clinic works with all diets and lifestyles and is not beholden to any one thought model or medical modality
- the clinic believes in walking the walk over talking the talk; we practice what we preach and track our continuous monitoring data to prove it
- it’s not uncommon for past medical experiences to undesirably influence future medical interactions, and the clinic see its role as to re-frame with impartial options, from which the client may make their own choices
- the clinic has chosen not to market via social media, due to the client anxiety we observed resulting from social media, and independent registered doctor sites internationally being shutdown without reasonable cause by social media tech companies
What health topics might be associated with treatments the clinic provides?
- Thyroid Disease
- Autoimmune Conditions
- Hormonal Issues
- Digestive Disorders
- Menopause symptoms
- Headache and Migraine
- Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Slow metabolism, Low Energy
- Heart Disease
- Neurological Disorders
- Memory and Concentration loss
- Accelerated Ageing
- Obesity/Weight gain
- Cognitive decline, Head Injuries
- Chronic undiagnosed conditions
What is involved?
The personalized and precision medicine doctor service in NZ includes:
Biochemical & BioPhysical: addressing imbalances & deficiencies
Biomechanical: from physical imbalances through to surgical options
Neuro-emotional: from unconscious programming through to electron/ion communication of neurons
Advanced personalized, functional and genetic testing
Targeted lifestyle and advanced nutritional treatment
- Advice on brain health and neuroplasticity
Review of medication
Advanced prescriptions, supplementation, herbals (e.g. GMP, TGA, USP certified pharmaceutical grade)
Supplements are unregulated natural medicinal compounds, usually with side-benefits rather than side-effects
Functional doctors are qualified and experienced in the use of supplementation to address imbalances signposted by advanced testing
- Referrals to specialists where appropriate
A documented wellness plan updated after each consultation
The digitalhealth app is intended to combine wearable data with clinical workup for improved collaboration
Reset health by optimizing cellular ecology, mitochondrial health and working through the layers of digestion, hormonal balance, cardiovascular health, metabolism and neurological health.
What is an example?
A client presents with sleep or energy issues and wanting more capacity. Treatment might include:
Clinical presentation and investigation (e.g. blood tests) might suggest hormonal or metabolic problems e.g. thyroid, dopamine, insulin, estrogen or testosterone imbalances.
Consideration of progress/relief via direct prescription/supplementation, or indirectly via a related pathway.
Eliminating a cause of sensitivity without understanding roots causes may daisy chain the next trigger.
- Evaluation of nutrition and gut health.
Deduction of whether a deficiency or imbalance is due to a hormone not being produced, whether it’s not being used effectively (blocked), or whether it is not being metabolized optimally.
As well as blood tests, the combination of an OAT, DUTCH or Gene test might help to clarify e.g. from a urine test, it may be possible to work out whether an iodine insufficiency is contributing to thyroid problems. Perhaps oestrogen dominance (e.g. man boobs or period pain) may be partially due to genetic SNPs combined with lifestyle factors such as alcohol consumption, both of which decrease the breakdown of estrogen.
- Evaluation of environmental factors.
Are thought processes and unconscious programming contributing?
Referral to our neuro-cognitive practitioner
- Consideration of the risks and benefits of pharmaceuticals and whether these can be reduced or not.
With an understanding of the underlying factors, a wellness plan can be agreed and progress monitored using the digitalhealth app.
How is it different?
The wellness industry takes one approach and mainstream medicine another, so where does Cindy sit?
- Cindy’s strengths are evident when surrounded by symptoms & data points – there’s no such thing as too much data for those wanting to take investigation and intervention to another level
- Realistic time and resource allocation to safely collaborate around which combinations of treatment modalities to pursue
- The qualifications and experience to connect the dots and recognize patterns arising from 29 years of medical diagnosis across 3 continents
- A pragmatic focus on early wins and then building resilience
- Wide experience across all conventional and complementary modalities
- Use of specialty lab testing for assessment of specific genetic SNPs alongside relevant laboratory/nutritional and blood testing
- Prescribing options include compounding pharmacies in New Zealand and Australia
- Independent and without a reductionist agenda and only the client’s interests are being served
- No commercial/funding conflicts of interest. Just a doctor with a focus on individual outcomes & privacy
The fees to see an independent doctor
If you haven’t seen Cindy within the last 2 years, please click on Apply to Register to see whether the clinic’s services are suitable for your present requirements.
The following maintenance fee schedule applies as a client seen by Cindy within the last 2 years:
Consultation 60 minutes: $300.00 (give yourself an hour unless for a routine matter; you’ll only pay for what you use and rushing serves nobody)
Consultation 30 minutes: $150.00
Online Medical Inquiry through Online Portal Secure Message: $30.00 / message or per 10 minutes
Repeat Prescriptions: $15.00
Nurse Consult/Injection: $15.00 per 15 minutes
The fees partially recover overheads including premise and staff, multiple medical body registrations, insurances, medical systems, equipment and consumables, and continual research and upskilling.
What is the cost of prescriptions through Cindy?
Cindy in her specialized role typically prescribes:
- Non-subsidized medication
- Medication prescribed for non-endorsed conditions
- Compounded medications
Any subsidized medications prescribed by Cindy will cost a maximum of $15 per item from a pharmacy rather than a maximum of $5 per item through a funded GP service.
What about my GP?
Clients should be enrolled with a GP for acute and emergency medicine, which the taxpayer funds via the state through your GP. The clinic doesn’t provide acute or emergency medicine.
Treatment for underlying causes cannot begin while clients are in the acute stage e.g. very high blood pressure or intractable distress should be assessed by a GP before looking at advanced treatment options through Cindy. If initial assessment results are not available, diagnosis and treatment will take longer and cost more.
Often Cindy and her colleagues specializing in personalized medicine work alongside GPs for outcomes.
Other times, a GP and Cindy provide the client with more options from which the client may choose what is best for them.
If a personalized diagnosis & treatment protocol is what you are looking for, apply to get started.