Advanced Laboratory Testing
The clinic uses laboratories where the resulting information might speed up diagnosis and treatment through early identification of an underlying cause e.g. Doctors Data, Nutripath, Fitgenes, FxMed, The Great Plains Laboratory, CompoundLabs, EMLab.
Cindy uses lab testing with current reference ranges and all treatments.
Once results are interpreted, there are various treatment options:
- pharmaceutical prescriptions may be cheap and effective, particularly when subsidized
- other times the advantages of nutritional & herbal treatments outweigh cost considerations
- often a balanced mix of both delivers the best results
Test results may take between a day and up to 6 weeks to arrive depending upon the test
Results queue to Cindy in the EHR when they arrive and are released to the patient portal after they have been interpreted to be meaningful e.g. a result in the red range may or may not be of concern depending upon medication.
Lab collection centers for testing are available throughout New Zealand e.g. https://www.sclabs.co.nz/
- Most labs now require a scheduled appointment time
- There are instructions in the kit and notes on the wellness plan in the lab test section
- Fill out the form in the kit with your name etc before going to the lab
- There may be a drawing fee payable at the lab
- Take all your lab test forms at the same time, so there is only 1 drawing fee
- Where there is no fasting, in general stop all supplements for 12-24 hours before the sample is taken
- Be warm and hydrated with water before you go, but don’t exercise or pump your hands to raise veins as that may alter the sample
- For some tests, samples get spun; allow 20-60 minutes
- Test kit fees include courier delivery within New Zealand and Stripe transaction fees
Clients cancelling a followup to review a result put both themselves and the registered doctor at risk, hence terminating the patient-doctor clinical relationship.